[tngusers2] Does your genealogy website have a Forum? How well used is it?

Henny Savenije adam-eve at henny-savenije.pe.kr
Sun Aug 22 06:27:35 CDT 2010

I am using forum as a guest book and it's actually very productive

http://www.genealogy.henny-savenije.pe.kr/guestb/list.php?3

Till now I yet have to see any spam or weird language.

At 07:55 PM 8/22/2010, you wrote:
>It really depends on exactly what you want it to be used for. If for
>conversational exchange of information - not a good idea as it can get out
>of hand.
>
>If, however, for the publishing of how you found something, that sort of
>thing - then it can be good and used (although generally only to be read).
>
>This is how I have used a forum on my site - it doesn't get a lot of
>traffic, and isn't intended to have much, but it is a useful place for a
>repository of 'things'.
>
>Also - keep in mind, that unlike TNG, a Forum can be set up with many
>different forums (forii? :) ) - each and every one can have unique
>permissions - I have a couple that are only open to myself and specific
>individuals and is used when we are researching things such as hard to find
>marriage, birth or death or even census entries.
>
>What it does is proide a history of particular research lines.
>

>Stephen Rowe
>Melbourne, Australia
>http://www.ser.id.au
>http://www.mtbimages.com.au

                  _   _
                 (o) (o)
      oOOO----(_)----OOOo---
Henny (Lee Hae Kang)
-----------------------------
http://www.henny-savenije.pe.kr Portal to all my sites
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr (in English) Feel free
to discover Korea with Hendrick Hamel (1653-1666)
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/indexk2.htm In Korean
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/Dutch In Dutch
http://www.vos.henny-savenije.pe.kr Frits Vos Article about Witsen
and Eibokken and his first Korean-Dutch dictionary
http://www.cartography.henny-savenije.pe.kr (in English) Korea
through Western Cartographic eyes
http://www.hwasong.henny-savenije.pe.kr Hwasong the fortress in Suwon
http://www.oldKorea.henny-savenije.pe.kr Old Korea in pictures